The Liebster Award
I was nominated by Wing-yee @ Bibliophilic Med Student for the Liebster Award last month! I’m very thankful, and you should definitely go and check out her blog!
The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is all about building out the book blogging community. Specifically, it’s a way to highlight newer blogs that don’t necessarily have a large following yet (less than 200). You get to discover hidden gems of blogs, make new book blog friends and learn more about the bloggers you already follow!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it
What advice would you give to new book bloggers?
Connect with other book bloggers! This is something that I failed at miserably for the first six months while blogging. Granted, I wasn’t taking the whole blogging thing all that seriously, but I wish I had begun to reach out to other bloggers sooner.
What genre of books do you enjoy most?
Definitely fantasy and adventure. I love magic and journeys and a large character cast!
What is that one book that made you reflect for a long time?
It wasn’t self-reflection, but my last read-through of Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments series really made me decide to sit down and finally start writing my own book. It was a really valuable experience!
What has been the most rewarding part about having a book blog?
It’s an amazing creative outlet, and of course the community is fantastic. I love interacting with readers in the comments, and commenting on other book bloggers’ posts. I’m still working on all of this, but I love when I see relationships form.
If possible, which fictional world would you take up permanent residence?
Ah it’s so hard! I think either the world of Harry Potter, or maybe the world of The Mortal Instruments.
What is that one book/ series that really got you into reading?
As a child, it was Harry Potter. And, I hate to be repetitive, but as a teenager it was The Mortal Instruments.
Is there a book that you think everyone in the world should read and why?
I personally haven’t read anything that has been entirely life-changing. Or at least, I haven’t read anything that I think could be universally life-changing. There are tons of book recommendations I have, but usually I cater my list to whoever I’m speaking to.
Favourite reading time and snacks?
I love to read in the mornings and at night. And usually I don’t eat because I don’t want to get any food residue on my book pages haha!
Who are your top 5 OTPs?
Oh geez okay here we go in no particular order… Also *spoilers*
- Feyre and Rhysand (they always come to mind!)
- Will/Tessa/Jem (yes all three of them lol)
- Ronan and Adam
- Katsa and Po
- Alec and Magnus
Finally, what are some of your favourite quotes?
I had one of my favorite Harry Potter quotes tattooed onto my shoulder about two years ago: “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by JK Rowling. There are other quotes I love, too, but this one actually has a permanent place on my body haha.
(I hope you are all eligible!! Sorry if I got this wrong, or if you’ve already been nominated.)
Questions for the nominees:
- Which series could you read over and over again?
- If you could trade places with one character in any book, who would it be and why?
- If there was a book about you as the main character, what would the genre and premise be?
- How long have you been a book blogger?
- Have you considered writing a book yourself? Explain your answer.
- What would be your dream book-to-movie adaptation? Pick a book, and discuss potential actors for the characters.
- What was/is the greatest appeal about book blogging to you?
- Worlds collide! What book/series cross-overs would you want to see? (ex: Harry Potter and The Raven Cycle)
- Which books have some of your favorite covers?
- Which character do you think you are most like personality-wise?
Let’s talk about it
How cool is the Liebster Award?! Even if you weren’t nominated, I would love to know your answers to these questions! Please feel free to leave a comment below with your own answers.