Review: Meraki Candles “The Dregs”
Coming at you all again with another candle review post! I made yet another Meraki Candles purchase a couple of months ago, and wanted to share my thoughts! With so many bookish-candle companies on the market, I will go over some reasons why I pick Meraki Candles.
- Price. In comparison with a lot of the other bookish candle shops on Etsy, Meraki Candles is comparable/cheap. I have seen the candle prices fluctuating throughout the months. However, the prices are still lower than many competitors. Currently, an 8 oz. candle is priced at $11.52 USD, which I think is great! Heather ships out of the UK, so international shipping for me is a bit much, so I just try and purchase multiple candles at once to make it all worth it! (hehe)
- Discount deal. Heather of Meraki Candles often offers discount deals on her candles! Check her site and Instagram (@merakicandles ) frequently to see when those deals go live.
- Scents. There are, again, lots of fandoms to choose from, including: A Court of Thorns and Roses series, Harry Potter,Six of Crows, The Raven Cycle, etc. She’s great about coming up with scents for very popular, current YA reads.
- Monthly subscription box. Yup, that’s right. Heather offers a monthly subscription box for her bookish candles! Much like other subscription boxes, each one revolves around a theme. I ordered one for the month of October, and really enjoyed it. The price for the box and shipping for me in the US total was $37.76.
- Design. I love the consistent, sleek look of the Meraki Candles packaging. It always reflects the scent of the candle, as well as the book/character that each scent is designed after!
Scent: sea breeze, pine, and sandalwood to remind readers of the experience of standing oceanside in the Dregs. This is really a lovely scent. I am a huge fan of ocean-scented candles, because the oceanside is my favorite place in the world. I really pick up on the sea breeze scent, with a hint of pine. Personally, I can’t say that I really smell a lot of sandalwood, but the scent is lovely nonetheless. It’s a very neutral scent, meaning that it’s neither overly masculine or feminine. It’s a great scent for the home, and definitely for year-round use.
I think this candle is great! Meraki Candles always last forever. I’m thankful because I want this scent burning in my house constantly!
Check out my other Meraki Candles Reviews:
Pro tip: Want an awesome discount on your purchase of Meraki Candles? Head to the Meraki Candle’s Instagram page (@merakicandles ) and look through her posts to find some of her fabulous Reps. On the reps’ profiles, there will often be a discount code for 10% off your Meraki Candles purchase! Go, go, go!
Let’s talk about it
Have you purchased a candle from Heather before? Which scents have you tried, and have you been happy with them? Definitely go check out the shop if you haven’t!