Hello everyone and happy Monday!
I have a somewhat different post today, but bear with me, you might just like what you see!
I was looking around for some blog prompts that I could use to help me with adding a little diversity to my blog page (so that I’m posting more than just book reviews on here – I hope you are okay with that!). And I saw a cute idea where you create a mind-map that begins with the word “October” – and you just see where you go from there!
Basically, a mind-map is a way for people to organize their thoughts /find inspiration /make connections between ideas, things, feelings, etc. There’s no real rhyme or reason or rules to creating a mind-map, so just go for it! I would love to see what some of you come up with if you decide to do something like this. October is about halfway through, so you could use the word “November”, or “Autumn” or even “Halloween” – the possibilities are endless hehe.
And you know what the perfect thing to do while you create your pretty mind-map is? Listen to a specially crafted autumnal playlist which is filled with songs that capture the essence of the season!
I’ve seen a floating trend around the online bookish community where many members are creating playlists (or finding specific songs) that work with books they’ve read before. Sort of like soundtracks for the books! And I thought that was a really cool idea, though I’m no good at being that specific.
So instead, I wanted to share with you all my Autumn 2016 Playlist! These are all songs that I’ve found share somewhat similar earthy notes, light acoustics, and full-bodied voices that make me want to wrap up by the fire.
I have synesthesia, so these songs all bring to mind colors of deep red, russet, burnt orange, umber, dark green, and some cloudy blues. I just think that they are perfect for the autumn season, and I hope that you all enjoy them as well! I’ve left a link to the Spotify Playlist, but you could probably make your own playlist on YouTube or whatever platform you prefer.
- “We’re Going to be Friends” – The White Stripes
- “Look After You” – The Fray
- “Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop” – Landon Pigg
- “I See Fire” – Jasmine Thompson
- “Swing Life Away” – Rise Against
- “Little House” – Amanda Seyfried
- “Why” – Secondhand Serenade
- “The Only Exception” – Paramore
- “Falling Slowly” – Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
- “Coming Home – Part II” -Skylar Grey
- “Silver Coin” – Angus and Julia Stone
- “Hold You in My Arms” – Ray LaMontagne
- “Fall For You” – Secondhand Serenade
- “The Giving Tree” – Plain White T’s
- “Each Coming Night” – Iron & Wine
- “Come Home” – OneRepublic
- “Forget About Me” – Janove Ottesen
- “A Lack of Color” – Death Cab for Cutie
- “All the Wild Horses” – Ray LaMontagne
- “Mykonos” – Fleet Foxes
- “Timshel” – Mumford & Sons
- “Fire and the Flood” – Vance Joy
So how about it? Thinking of trying out a mind-map? I think they’re perfect for bullet journals, and if you decide to try one out make sure to take pictures and link them to me in the comments below!
Let me know what you think about the Autumn Playlist!